ETA Canada for citizens of Sweden

Home Page » Canada ETA – Canada Electronic Travel Authorization » ETA Canada for citizens of Sweden

The ETA Canada is a multiple-entry visa that allows you to stay in Canada for up to six months at a time. It is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. The ETA Canada is available to citizens of Sweden who are travelling to Canada for business, pleasure or transit purposes.
If you are a citizen of Sweden and you are looking to travel to Canada, you will need to apply for an ETA Canada. In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of applying for an ETA Canada and what you need to know before you travel.

Apply For A Canada ETA As A Citizen Of Sweden

As a Swedish citizen, you need to obtain a Canada ETA before you can enter the country. The process is simple and straightforward, and can be completed entirely online.

First, visit the website of the Canadian government’s Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) department. On the homepage, scroll down to the “Visiting Canada” section and click on the “Apply for an eTA” link.

This will take you to the IRCC’s online application portal. Click on the “Apply Now” button and you will be taken to the application form.

Fill out the form with your personal information, passport details, and travel plans. Once you have completed all the required fields, submit your application.

You will then need to pay the applicable fee using a credit or debit card. Once your payment has been processed, your Canada ETA will be issued electronically and linked to your passport.

Benefits Of ETA Canada For Citizen Of Sweden

There are many benefits that come with having an ETA Canada for citizens of Sweden. For starters, it allows individuals to travel to Canada for business or pleasure without the need for a visa. This can save a lot of time and hassle when planning a trip. Additionally, an ETA grants holders access to medical and hospital services in case of an emergency, as well as complimentary travel insurance. Lastly, having an ETA status allows citizens of Sweden to take part in many activities and events that are open only to residents of Canada.

Requirements For ETA Canada For Citizens Of Sweden

As of 2019, all Swedish citizens wishing to travel to Canada for tourism or business purposes must obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Applying for an eTA is a simple and straightforward process that can be completed online in just a few minutes.

In order to apply for an eTA, you will need a valid passport, a credit or debit card, and an email address. You will also need to provide some basic information about yourself, including your full name, date of birth, gender, and contact information. Once you have gathered all of the required information and documents, you can begin the application process by visiting the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.

The application process consists of answering a series of questions and providing the required supporting documentation. After your application has been submitted, you will receive an email confirming that it has been received and is being processed. The IRCC website states that most applications are processed within 72 hours. However, some applications may take longer to process if additional information is required.

Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email notification with your eTA confirmation number. You will need to present this number when boarding your flight to Canada.

It is important to note that an eTA is not a visa. An eTA allows you to enter Canada for the purpose of tourism or business for up to six months. If you plan on staying in Canada for longer than six months

ETA Canada For Citizens Of Sweden – Q&A

Do I need an ETA to fly to Canada?

Yes, all citizens of Sweden must have an ETA to fly to Canada.

How long is an ETA valid for?

An ETA is valid for a period of 5 years from the date of issue or until the passport expires, whichever comes first.

How do I apply for an ETA?

You can apply for an ETA online or through a paper application. If you are applying online, you will need a credit card to pay the fee. If you are applying through a paper application, you will need to include a money order or certified cheque. Please see the website for more information on how to apply.

What information do I need to provide when applying for an ETA?

When applying for an ETA, you will need to provide your name, date of birth, contact information, and passport information. You will also need to answer a few questions about your health and whether you have any criminal convictions.


Sweden is a beautiful country with a lot to offer its citizens. However, if you’re looking to move to Canada, the process can be complex. The Canadian government requires all citizens of Sweden to obtain a visa before they can enter the country.

There are a few different types of visas that you can apply for, so make sure to research which one is right for you. The process can take several months, so start planning your move as soon as possible.

Once you have your visa, there are a few things you need to do before you can officially move to Canada. First, you need to have a valid passport. Second, you need to apply for a Permanent Resident Card. This card allows you to live and work in Canada permanently. Finally, you need to Register with the Government of Canada. This will give you access to important services and benefits like healthcare and education.

Moving to another country is always a big decision, but we hope this article has given you some helpful information about relocating to Canada from Sweden.

Share the article

Return to the most interesting content

Related Articles