ESTA for Swede citizens

Home Page » ESTA Online Application System » ESTA for Swede citizens

If you’re a citizen of Sweden and plan on traveling to the United States for leisure or business, you’ll need to file for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). This document is mandatory in order to travel to the U.S., regardless of whether you have a visa or not.

If you don’t have an ESTA, which is typically the case if you are a tourist from a visa-exempt country, you may be denied entry into the United States. This means that even if you have a valid visa, you may still not be allowed into the country if your ESTA isn’t filed. And, even if your ESTA is approved, you may still experience some delays while travelling to the U.S.

Visa To USA From Sweden

Sweden is one of the more popular countries to visit in Europe, and with good reason. Sweden is a prosperous country with great weather and wide open spaces. The capital, Stockholm, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and has plenty of attractions to entertain tourists for days on end.

To obtain a U.S. visa, you will need to have a valid passport from your home country as well as a valid Swedish visa. Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date you plan to leave Sweden. For example, if you are planning to leave Sweden on July 1st, your passport must be valid until December 31st.

If you are travelling to the United States using an E2 or E3 visa, you will also need to present a letter from the employer or organization sponsoring your trip stating that you will be working in America for no longer than ninety days. You will also need to bring proof of your insurance coverage while in the United States.

Benefits Of USA Tourist Visa For Citizen Of Sweden

Here are a few benefits of getting a USA tourist visa for a Swedish citizen:

  • Sweden is a member of the European Union, which means that many of the same rules and regulations that apply to EU citizens when travelling within the continent also apply to Swedish citizens when travelling to the USA. This includes the requirement to have a passport that is valid for at least six months after your planned departure from the US, as well as proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay.
  • Swedes can visit the USA without having to obtain a visa in advance. However, if you wish to stay in the country for longer than 90 days, you will need to obtain a tourist visa. This can be done through any US embassy or consulate abroad, or by using an online service such as VFS Global. The fee for this service is usually around $60 USD.
  • Swedes are eligible for many government benefits while travelling in the USA, including access to social security programs, medical care and financial assistance in case of emergency.

Visitor Visa Documents For The USA To Swede People

If you are a Swede citizen who wants to visit the United States, you will need to apply for a visitor visa. You can do this by visiting a US embassy or consulate in your home country. There are a few things that you will need to bring with you when applying for a visitor visa. These include your passport, visa application form and two photographs. You will also need to provide evidence of your travel arrangements, such as tickets or plane tickets. If you are traveling on behalf of a company, organisation or university, you will also need to provide documentation showing that you are representing these organisations. You should also bring proof of your financial resources, such as bank statements and proof of income. Finally, you will need to provide evidence that you have visited the United States in the past. This could include hotel reservations or copies of plane tickets from previous trips to the US.

America Visa For Swede Citizens – Q&A

If you are a Swedish citizen, you can apply for an American visa. To qualify, you must be a permanent resident of Sweden and have been living in Sweden for at least 180 days. You must also have a valid passport and be able to show that you will not be a financial burden to the United States.

You should start the application process by submitting a visa request online through the United States Department of State website. The website will ask for your full name, date of birth, passport number, expiry date, and class of visa. You will also need to provide your address in Sweden, your contact information (including email address), and recent photo identification.

The Department of State website also offers helpful tips on how to prepare your application. For example, you should create a convincing explanation of why you need a visa and list all of the activities you plan to undertake in the United States. You should also include any documents that prove your identity and residency in Sweden.

Once you submit your application, the Department of State will review it and send you an acknowledgement letter. If your application is approved, the Department of State will send you further instructions about how to travel to the United States and complete your visa application process.


Swedish citizens who want to work or study in the United States should apply for ESTA. ESTA is a free program that allows citizens of some countries to travel to the United States for 90 days without having to qualify for a visa.

To apply for ESTA, Swedes must first register with the online ESTA application tool. After registering, Swedes will need to provide their name, date of birth, passport number and expiry date, as well as other relevant information such as their visa status and reason for travelling to the US.

Once registered and submitted all required information, Swedes will receive an email notification that ESTA has been approved or denied. If approved, Swedes will be able to print out their ESTA approval notice and carry it with them when travelling to the US.

If denied, Swedes can submit additional information or appeal the decision. However, if an appeal is unsuccessful, Swedes will need to obtain a visa before travelling to the US. Overall, applying for ESTA is a simple process that allows Swedish citizens access to the US without having to burden themselves with unnecessary paperwork

Share the article

Return to the most interesting content

Related Articles