Finland ETIAS for citizens of Hong Kong

Immigration and Travel are hot topics right now, and Finland is no exception. With an aging population and increasing demand for labor, countries all over the world are looking for new ways to bring in workers.
One way that Finland is doing this is through a program called ETIAS (Entry/Exit Visa Application Scheme); it’s a system that allows citizens of Hong Kong to visit Finland without having to undergo a visa process.
Of course, there are some restrictions – most notably that you cannot work during your stay – but for those who want to see Finland without the hassle of a visa, this is the option for you.

Applying For Finland ETIAS From Hong Kong

Finland is a member of the European Union (EU) and has an agreement with the EU known as the Schengen Agreement. This agreement allows passport-free travel between most EU member states. Citizens of Hong Kong who are also citizens of Finland can apply for an ETIAS visa to visit Finland.

To apply for an ETIAS visa, you must first submit a application online. The online application requires you to provide your name, date of birth, nationality, a passport photo, and other required information. After completing the online application, you will need to print out your application and send it along with the required documents to your local Finnish embassy or consulate.

The validity of an ETIAS visa is 90 days, and once in Finland, you are allowed stay for up to six months per permit. You are not allowed to work while in Finland with an ETIAS visa, but you are allowed to use public transportation and attend tourist attractions. If you plan on staying longer than six months, you will need to apply for a residence permit.

Reasons You Should Get An Finland ETIAS

Finland is a safe country to live in, with low levels of crime and safety concerns. It’s also one of the most affordable countries in the world to live in, with high living standards and good quality of life.

There are many reasons why you should get an Finland ETIAS. Here are some of the key points:

  • Finland offers excellent healthcare services.
  • The country has a strong economy, with strong growth prospects.
  • Finland is a signatory to the Schengen Agreement, which means that it has no border controls between member states. This makes travelling to and from Finland easy.
  • Housing is relatively affordable in Finland, making it an ideal place to live.
  • The weather in Finland is notoriously pleasant all year round, making it an excellent place to spend your summers or holidays.

Things To Consider Before Coming To Finland

Finland is a great place to live, work, study and raise a family.

Before coming to Finland, you should familiarize yourself with the country’s visa requirements. Finland accepts the EU’s ESTA travel authorization system, which allows approved applicants to stay in the Schengen area for 90 days without having to obtain a full visa. Nationals of other countries must have a valid visa if they intend to stay in Finland for more than 72 hours. Citizens of Hong Kong must have an e-Resident card and carry its Identification Number (INN) or passport with them when travelling to Finland. You are also required to present a copy of your Hong Kong ID card when meeting any Finnish institution or officer involved in your case.

Finland ETIAS For Citizens Of Hong Kong – FAQ

Finland is introducing a new electronic travel authorization (e-tia) system starting from 3 January 2019. If you are a citizen of Hong Kong, what should you do?

What is the ETIAS?

The e-tia is an electronic travel authorization which will allow you to travel to Finland without the need for a paper visa.

When does the ETIAS system start?

The e-tia system starts from 3 January 2019.

How can I apply for the ETIAS system?

You can apply for the e-tia system by visiting the Finnish Immigration Service’s website. You will need to provide your passport number, name, date of birth and nationality.

If you are applying for an ETIAS extension, please also include your passport number, name, date of birth and nationality as well as a copy of your flight tickets and accommodation reservations.

Applications must be submitted at least 72 hours before departure.

Share the article

Return to the most interesting content

Related Articles