Spain ETIAS for citizens of Guatemala

Today we are thrilled to announce that Spain has implemented the ETIAS travel authorization system for citizens of Guatemala. This new system will allow Spanish nationals to travel to and stay in Spain without having to obtain a separate visa.
ETIAS is the new electronic visa system, which replaces the Visitor’s Card and permits short-stay visits for tourism, business, transit, family reasons and so on.

Guatemalans who are registered with the relevant Spanish authorities as EU/EEA or Swiss citizens will be able to use their passports to travel to Spain without the need for a visa. In addition, any Guatemalan national travelling on a passport other than their national one will also be able to use the ETIAS system.

You can find more information about ETIAS on the Consulate General of Spain in Guatemala’s website:

Applying For Spain ETIAS From Guatemala

If you are a citizen of Guatemala and you want to apply for the Spain e-TIAS electronic travel authorisation system, you should follow these steps:

  1. Go to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores) and sign in.
  2. On the main page, click on “Atención a las personas que solicitan asilo” (Attention: People requesting asylum).
  3. Select “Para obtener una tarjeta de identidad digital España” (To obtain a digital identity card Spain) on the left-hand side, and then click on “Siguiente paso” (Next step).
  4. On the next page, select “Estudiar la situación jurídica” (To study your legal situation) and click on “Continuar” (Continue).
  5. On the next page, complete the fields with your personal data and click on “I accept”.
  6. On the next page, read and accept the terms and conditions and click on “I agree”.
  7. Click on “Finalizar” (Finish).
  8. The ministry will send you an email asking you to submit documents supporting your application. You should submit these documents online by clicking on the link in the email that was sent to you.

Reasons You Should Get An Spain ETIAS

The Spain ETIAS is a new visa introduced in March of this year. This visa is for citizens of Guatemala who are travelling to Spain for tourism or business purposes. The Spain ETIAS includes a tourist visa, a business visa, and a short-stay visa. The tourist visa allows visitors to stay up to 90 days in Spain, while the business visa allows visitors to stay up to six months and the short-stay visa allows visitors to stay up to three months.

To qualify for the Spain ETIAS, you must meet certain requirements including having a passport that is valid for at least six months after your planned departure from Spain, being travelling on behalf of an establishment or person that has been officially listed as a sponsor by the Spanish government, not having any serious criminal convictions, and not being a threat to public order or security.

The Spain ETIAS is available at both the Spanish embassy and consulates in countries around the world. The application process can vary depending on the country you are applying from, but it generally involves filling out an electronic application form and submitting some documentation such as your passport copy and application fee. The Spanish embassy in your home country will then process your application and email you a approval notification with detailed instructions on how to collect your travel document from their office.

Things To Consider Before Coming To Spain

Before you come to Spain, there are a few things you should consider. The visa requirements for Spain are different depending on your citizenship.

If you are a citizen of Guatemala, you will need a “Certificate of Good Standing” or ETIAS certificate. This document is required by the Spanish authorities in order for you to enter Spain without a visa. To apply for this certificate, you will need to apply online and pay the application fee.

The ETIAS certificate is valid for three months and can be used for multiple entries into Spain over this period. You must keep your certificate with you at all times when travelling to Spain. If you lose your ETIAS certificate, you will not be able to travel to Spain until you obtain a new one.

The Spanish authorities also require proof of financial stability. This means that you will need to provide proof that you have sufficient funds available to cover your expenses while in Spain. You can provide this proof by submitting an application for a residence permit with the relevant documentation attached.

In addition, make sure that you know the basic rules of Spanish etiquette when travelling in Spain. For example, avoid talking loudly on the phone in public places, and always hold doors for people behind you if they are carrying bags or large items.

Finally, be aware that Spanish law considers any person under 12 years old as an unaccompanied child and exempt from visa requirements.

Spain ETIAS For Citizens Of Guatemala – FAQ

Spain has announced that it will be implementing the ETAI system for nationals of Guatemala starting from October 2018. If you are planning to travel to Spain during this period, it is important that you are fully aware of the requirements and procedures for obtaining an electronic travel authorization (ETAI). This guide provides a comprehensive overview of the ETIAS process for citizens of Guatemala.

What is the ETIAS?

The ETAI system is an electronic travel authorization system operated by the Spanish government. It is intended to improve the efficiency and accuracy of visa applications by providing more accurate and timely information about travelers to Spain. Under the ETAI system, all citizens who wish to visit Spain must obtain an ETAI before traveling.

How do I apply for an ETAI?

To apply for an ETAI, you must first submit your visa application online using the online visa application system (EVAS).. EVAS can be accessed here: After submitting your visa application, you will receive an email confirming your application status. You will then need to print out your confirmation email and bring it with you when visiting the Diplomatic Missions in Guatemala during your stay in that country.

Share the article

Return to the most interesting content

Related Articles