Sweden ETIAS for citizens of Guatemala

Sweden and Guatemala have been longstanding allies, partners, and friends. As such, Sweden is keenly interested in fostering strong trade ties with Guatemala. One important way to do this is through the implementation of the ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorization System) by both countries.
ETIAS is a biometric visa system designed to improve safety and security while traveling within the Schengen Area by streamlining travel procedures.

Sweden has recently implemented ETIAS for its citizens, and as such, we want to make sure you’re aware of all the details so that you can prepare if you decide to travel to Sweden in the near future. From what you need to do before your trip to how to obtain a visa once you arrive in Sweden, read on for all the answers you need!

Applying For Sweden ETIAS From Guatemala

Sweden is one of the 27 countries that have ratified the EU’s ESTIAS (EU Entry and Exit Transit Document) system. This means that, in addition to your passport, you need to carry an ETIAS card when travelling to Sweden.

To apply for an ETIAS card, you must first visit a Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country. After presenting your passport and application form, the embassy or consulate will request verification of some basic details about your identity. This verification may include a copy of your birth certificate or a personal reference from a trusted friend or family member.

Once the embassy or consulate has verified your information, they will issue you an ETIAS card. The ETIAS card is valid for three years and must be carried with you when travelling to Sweden. You cannot use the ETIAS card for travel to any other EU country.

If you plan to stay in Sweden for more than three months, you must apply for a long-term residence permit. To do this, you will need to visit a Swedish immigration office and provide evidence that you have a valid visa or residence permit from your home country.

Reasons You Should Get An Sweden ETIAS

If you’re living or travelling in Sweden and you don’t hold a valid passport from one of the following countries, you may need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETIA) before travelling to Sweden.

The requirements to apply for an ETIA vary depending on your nationality, but in most cases you will need to present a passport or other valid travel document, a visa if required, and a letter of invitation from a Swedish citizen or institution. Once you have all of these pieces of documentation, you can apply online through the Swedish Migration Agency’s website.

There are some exceptions to the need for an ETIA, including citizens of Belarus, Moldova, Nepal, Nigeria, South Korea and Zimbabwe who are only required to carry a visa for entry into Sweden. For all other nationalities, an ETIA is always required when travelling to Sweden.

If you’re unable to obtain an ETIA before travelling to Sweden, it’s important to know that you will not be allowed into the country without one. If this happens and you find yourself stranded in Sweden without proper documentation, contact the Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country for help.

Things To Consider Before Coming To Sweden

If you are considering traveling to Sweden, please be aware of some important things to consider before coming. The ESTIAS (Entry visa for citizens of Guatemala) process is long and can be confusing. It is also important to remember that not all aspects of life in Sweden will be familiar to you – even if you have been living in the United States or Mexico. Here are a few other things to keep in mind:

Time difference: Leaving home at 4am and arriving in Stockholm at 11pm can feel like a major change in your schedule. Make sure you adjust accordingly!

Climate: Sweden experiences many of the same climate extremes as the United States, but with shorter, milder winters and more challenging summers. Dress appropriately for both weather conditions.

Sweden ETIAS For Citizens Of Guatemala – FAQ

What is the Sweden ETIAS?

The Sweden ETIAS is an electronic travel authorisation system. It allows citizens of certain countries to travel to and stay in Sweden without requiring a visa. The system is operated by the Swedish Migration Agency (Migrationsverket).

Which countries are eligible for the Sweden ETIAS?

The Sweden ETIAS is currently available to citizens of Cambodia, Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger Nigeria Norway Oman Palau Palestine Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Qatarrazil Senegal Sierra Leone Somaliland Sri Lanka Syria Togo Tunisia Turkey Uganda United Arab Emirates Uzbekistan.

Share the article

Return to the most interesting content

Related Articles